Why is flaxseed used for weight loss?
The seed, when eaten constantly, starts the necessary metabolic processes in the body, which in turn helps the body to cope with the slugs and therefore lose weight, but this process is very slow.
In general, flaxseed helps to lose weight due to the large amount of plant fiber, removes toxins like a brush without being absorbed in the stomach. Freeing the gastrointestinal tract from accumulated toxins helps the body to function better. From this, a person feels more cheerful, energetic, lighter.
If you consume flaxseed regularly, you can count on:
- metabolism will improve;
- you will get rid of several kilograms of slag;
- your skin will be more elastic, which will help you maintain your figure while losing weight;
- you will see how the swelling will go away.
Flax is rightfully considered a superfood because it contains a large amount of vitamins and even fatty acids, the ratio of which is optimal for maintaining a good metabolism. Given this feature, flaxseed is superior to other fiber-rich foods for weight loss.
How to take flax seeds for weight loss?
Raw seeds are not eaten. They are small and very hard seeds. By adding them to food in this form, the seeds will not even be chewed, so they will not be digested. Nothing bad will happen to the body - the seeds will pass through the digestive tract and come out intact, but there is no benefit from such food. Seeds can perform absorbent function only when boiled.
Therefore, they are soaked or ground (it is better to use a coffee grinder for this) and only then added to food. As a result, flaxseed powder is used:
- as an independent food supplement;
- as a decoction;
- as a tincture;
- as part of cocktails, smoothies, drinks;
- like salad dressing.
The daily portion of seeds should not exceed one spoon. On average, it is up to 50 g per day.
In order for flaxseed to have a really positive effect on weight loss, certain rules must be followed when using it for food:
- If you are using the ground powder as a dietary supplement, one tablespoon of the seed should be washed down with two cups of water.
- It is not worth pre-grinding large parts of the seed - this will deprive the product of its nutritional value and cause it to deteriorate rapidly (bitterness will appear).
- Flax seeds are taken for 10 days in a row, then they take a break for 10 days and repeat the cycle.
Flaxseed should not be used if you have liver disease. Be sure to consult your doctor about this.
How to brew flax seeds?
If you don't have a coffee machine or don't want to grind the seeds for some reason, then the best way to use flax seeds is to brew them. To do this, you can follow the following recipe:
- Pour a spoonful of seeds into a small pot.
- Pour the seeds with a glass of boiling water. Instead of water, you can use compotes, green tea.
- Place the pot over medium heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Do not forget to mix so that no lumps form.
You should filter through cheesecloth and get a viscous liquid that can be eaten. For example, 70 g once a day before the main meal.
Porridge with flax seeds for weight loss
If you do not want to spend time on brewing, then grind the beans in a coffee grinder. Then it is enough to pour the powder with boiling water and wait 10 minutes. During this time, the flaxseed powder will turn into a porridge, where you can add:
- a little honey;
- banana slices;
- dried fruits.
This combo works well for breakfast, but if you're having your cereal later, it's good to eat it plain for satiety but not extra calories.
How to prepare flax seed tincture?
Making a seed infusion is easier than brewing. You will need 2 tablespoons of seeds and 2 cups of boiling water:
- Pour the seeds into a thermos and fill with water. Linens do not need to be pre-washed.
- Leave the thermos closed overnight.
Half an hour before breakfast, you can already drink half a glass of tincture. It is enough to drink 3-4 servings to increase the effect of weight loss.
How to take flax seeds with kefir?
As part of kefir-based cocktails, flaxseed is used as a laxative. It helps to relax the intestines and remove large layers of toxins.
To achieve a therapeutic effect, it is necessary to divide the cycle into 3 weeks:
- In the first week, ground flax seeds (1 dessert spoon) are added to 100 g of kefir in a coffee maker. The cocktail is taken once a day before breakfast.
- In the second week, the volume of seeds doubles - 2 dessert spoons of flax seed powder per 100 g of kefir. Shake and drink.
- In the third week, 3 dessert spoons of flax seed powder are added to 150 g of kefir. Drink before breakfast.
In some cases, breakfast can be replaced with a kefir-flax mixture, but usually, if you are overweight, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed, and you should not deprive yourself of a full breakfast, because it slows down the metabolism. . It is optimal to drink a cocktail 15 minutes before the first meal.
A very important condition when using seeds and kefir is to drink enough liquid - 2 liters per day, otherwise the release of toxins will not occur.
Kissel to satisfy hunger based on flax seeds
It is desirable not to starve when losing weight, but this is not always easy to achieve with a poor diet. In these cases, linseed is the perfect support. They are used as berry jelly:
- Make compote from berries or fruits. Choose any components and combinations, but it is important not to add sugar to the composition, otherwise weight loss will slow down or stop completely, and flax seeds will not help as much as they can.
- In a small part of the compote (about a cup), pour a spoonful of ground seeds.
- Stir the mixture and cover to cool.
During this time, the flax flour will swell and you will get a kind of jelly that can be used as a snack until the next meal.
Flaxseed in smoothies for weight loss
Smoothies help to lose weight and fill the body with useful vitamins. But these popular drinks today have a significant disadvantage - they are quickly digested due to the destruction of fiber during processing, so satiety lasts only half an hour. This is not enough until the next meal, and as a result, digestion processes are disturbed. To prevent this, only flaxseed will help.
Vitamins from the cocktail and fiber from the seeds provide an excellent combination: the body is filled with the necessary substances, but the absorption process is correspondingly slow - blood sugar also rises slowly, and you do not want to eat until the next meal.
Making a smoothie with seeds is very easy:
- A spoonful of flaxseed powder is added to the finished drink.
- You can drink it after 15 minutes - the flaxseed powder will swell and thicken the smoothie consistency.
It is not recommended to grind the seeds directly in the process of making a smoothie, as they will not be crushed enough.
How to use flax seeds for salads?
Adding flax seeds to salads is good when you don't have time to make jellies and smoothies. This is an easier way to consume without brewing or infusing, but that doesn't make it any less effective:
- As a spice, crushed seeds are added as part of a tablespoon. They will give the food a nutty taste and make it richer.
- The only rule is to add flaxseed powder only once a day so as not to exceed the norm.
- When losing weight, it is recommended to use green salads based on cucumber, cabbage and parsley.
Flaxseed in diet baking
If your diet consists of rest and low-calorie baked goods are allowed on the menu, flaxseed will be useful here. They can be used as a condiment or even as a complete ingredient.
Due to swelling, flaxseed powder turns into a sticky mass that replaces eggs in the dough. Therefore, if you are making diet muffins, it is quite possible to replace eggs with flaxseed powder according to the recipe.
The easiest cake recipe:
- Mix 200 g of cottage cheese with 50 g of flax seed powder.
- Add half of the softened banana.
- Knead a thick mass. You can add nuts if you like.
- Pour into molds and bake for 20 minutes.
Flaxseed crunchy diet crispbread can be used as a snack for tea.
- After making an infusion of flaxseed, you will see a sticky jelly or some kind of oat. Ideally, the viscosity of the composition should be so dense that a spoon does not fall into such a jelly.
- Add a spoonful of chopped onion, fried carrot, garlic, mushroom pieces. You can taste it with a little salt and add sunflower seeds.
- Mix the composition.
- Put the jelly on a silicone layer, make the layer 0. 5 cm thick.
- Send to the oven for 4 hours on the weakest fire. You can use a dehydrator, in which case it will take 10 hours. But this only applies to one side. Rotate and keep the same.
Store ready loaves in paper bags.
Flaxseed will not replace physical activity or proper nutrition, but it will quickly help to overcome the slags that hinder digestion in the process of losing weight. Light meals based on flax seeds are so satisfying that you do not feel hungry during the day, and this is a great advantage in the fight against extra pounds.